28 learners taking this course
This course will help you provide real-life learning experiences that develop students’ maths skills and understandings. You will learn:
- How to use student-led waste audits as part of Year 4 to Year 6 maths lessons.
- How to identify about the different types of waste and litter at your school.
- Different methods for collecting and representing waste data.
- How to differentiate your teaching and extend students’ learning.
This course will take you 2 hours to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
- Mathematics: Year 4 to Year 6
- General capabilities: Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
Proficient Teacher – all states and territories except NSW
2.5.2 Apply knowledge and understanding of effective teaching strategies to support students’ literacy and numeracy achievement.
3.3.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
This course is accredited by TQI for 2 hours professional development for teachers in the ACT.
Mark Drummond from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 11 years as a classroom teacher, Leader of Pedagogy within an Ed-Tech startup and as an educational consultant. Mark is an absolute science nerd and loves talking about dinosaurs as much as he loves talking about education (which is a lot)!
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.