107 learners taking this course
This course is valuable for anyone wanting to learn how to incorporate sustainability into lessons or units – Greg
This is a great 1 hour PD! I enjoyed exploring the resources and thinking about my teaching – Elleisha
l enjoyed doing PD at times that suited me. Much easier than attending a workshop – Amanda
Sustainability education helps your students connect what they’re learning to real-world situations. In this course, you will learn:
- A holistic definition of sustainability, which goes beyond compost bins and solar panels.
- Why sustainability education is important in Year 7 to Year 10.
- How sustainability is included in each subject area as a cross-curriculum priority.
- How to use sustainability to enrich your current curriculum, without it being an add-on.
This course will take you 1 hour to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
- Year 7 to Year 10: all subject areas
- General capabilities: Literacy, Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding, Intercultural Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
3.3.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Chris Vella from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 10 years as a classroom teacher and educational consultant. He has also worked at Western Sydney University. Chris loves getting creative with education and supporting others to do the same.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.