145 learners taking this course
I’ve started using the resources from this course and they’ve already helped my teaching – Liz
It was interesting to explore the possibilities of sustainability in my curriculum – Mitchell
This course gave me some time to better understand the cross-curriculum priorities – Belinda
Sustainability education connects your teaching to the world outside the classroom. In this course, you will learn:
- A holistic definition of sustainability, which goes beyond compost bins and solar panels.
- Why sustainability education is important in Foundation to Year 6.
- How sustainability is included in each subject area as a cross-curriculum priority.
- How to use sustainability to enrich your current curriculum, without it being an add-on.
This course will take you 1 hour to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
WHAT ARE THE CURRICULUM LINKS?
- Foundation to Year 6: all subject areas
- General capabilities: Literacy, Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding, Intercultural Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
IS IT ACCREDITED FOR PD HOURS?
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
Proficient Teacher – all states and territories except NSW:
3.3.3 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
ACT – Please be advised that this course is not accredited by TQI as it is a one hour course. You may however be able to accredit it yourself with teacher identified learning through your portal. Please read here for more information.
Mark Drummond from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 11 years as a classroom teacher, Leader of Pedagogy within an Ed-Tech startup and as an educational consultant. Mark is an absolute science nerd and loves talking about dinosaurs as much as he loves talking about education (which is a lot)!
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.