143 learners taking this course
I’ve started using the resources from this course and they’ve already helped my teaching – Liz
It was interesting to explore the possibilities of sustainability in my curriculum – Mitchell
This course gave me some time to better understand the cross-curriculum priorities – Belinda
Sustainability education connects your teaching to the world outside the classroom. In this course, you will learn:
- A holistic definition of sustainability, which goes beyond compost bins and solar panels.
- Why sustainability education is important in Foundation to Year 6.
- How sustainability is included in each subject area as a cross-curriculum priority.
- How to use sustainability to enrich your current curriculum, without it being an add-on.
This course will take you 1 hour to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
- Foundation to Year 6: all subject areas
- General capabilities: Literacy, Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding, Intercultural Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
3.3.3 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Chris Vella from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 10 years as a classroom teacher and educational consultant. He has also worked at Western Sydney University. Chris loves getting creative with education and supporting others to do the same.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.