91 learners taking this course
LENGTH: 1 hour
COURSE TEACHER: Kirsty Costa
* Know about sustainability and how it fits into your state or territory’s curriculum.
* Understand how to use sustainability to enrich different subject areas.
* Be able to identify opportunities for embedding sustainability into current curriculum.
* Be able to use course teaching resources and share learning with others.
HOW IT WORKS:
– Learn at times that suit you. This course is available 24/7 for private study.
– Learn at your own pace. You’ll have access for 12 months from date of enrolment.
– Watch videos, enjoy short activities and explore teaching resources.
– Once you’re done, access an optional Bonus Resources course to take your learning to the next level.
• Foundation to Year 6: all subject areas
• General capabilities: Literacy, Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding, Intercultural Understanding
• Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: This course is accredited for teacher professional development hours. You will receive a certificate after completing this course.
Proficient Teacher (excl. ACT)
3.3.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Highly Accomplished Teacher (excl. ACT & NSW)
3.3.3 Support colleagues to select and apply effective teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and Critical and Creative Thinking.
3.4.3 Assist colleagues to create, select and use a wide range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
In NSW, Cool Australia is endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher.
Cool Australia acknowledges the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.