115 learners taking this course
This reignited my passion for sustainability. I can’t wait to share what I’ve learnt – Amber
I now understand how sustainability fits into the EYLF and can be part of our daily routines – Jia
This course made me think about how my service can help the future and our children’s future – Ben
Sustainability education can help your children reach Early Years Learning Framework outcomes in lots of different ways. In this course, you will learn:
- What sustainability is and why it’s important.
- How sustainability fits into the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
- How to use the Principles of Education for Sustainability.
- How to involve your children using EYLF teaching resources.
This course will take you 1 hour to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
This couse supports the Early Years Learning Framework:
- Outcome 1. Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Outcome 2. Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
- Outcome 3. Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Outcome 4. Children are confident and involved learners.
- Outcome 5. Children are effective communicators.
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Chris Vella from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 10 years as a classroom teacher and educational consultant. He has also worked at Western Sydney University. Chris loves getting creative with education and supporting others to do the same.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.