8 learners taking this course
LENGTH: 1 hour
COURSE TEACHER: Kirsty Costa
* Know how sustainability can be reached through the pillars of sustainable development.
* Understand how to utilise the Principles of Education for Sustainability.
* Understand how to link sustainability and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
* Be able to use sustainability to help children achieve EYLF outcomes.
* Be able to use course teaching resources and share learning with others.
HOW IT WORKS:
– Learn at times that suit you. This course is available 24/7 for private study.
– Learn at your own pace. You’ll have access for 12 months from date of enrolment.
– Watch videos, enjoy short activities and explore teaching resources.
– Once you’re done, access an optional Bonus Resources course to take your learning to the next level.
EARLY YEARS LEARNING FRAMEWORK LINKS:
• Outcome 1. Children have a strong sense of identity.
• Outcome 2. Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
• Outcome 3. Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
• Outcome 4. Children are confident and involved learners.
• Outcome 5. Children are effective communicators.
A certificate for PD hours is provided.
Proficient Teacher (excl. ACT)
2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Highly Accomplished Teacher (excl. ACT and NSW)
2.1.3 Support colleagues using current and comprehensive knowledge of content and teaching strategies to develop and implement engaging learning and teaching programs.
3.4.3 Assist colleagues to create, select and use a wide range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
In NSW, Cool Australia is endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher.
Cool Australia acknowledges the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.