66 learners taking this course
LENGTH: 2 hours
COURSE TEACHER: Kirsty Costa
* Know how waste audits can be used to achieve Year 7 and Year 8 Mathematics outcomes.
* Know about the different types of waste and litter at your school.
* Understand different methods for collecting waste data.
* Understand the ways you can differentiate your teaching and extend your students’ learning.
* Be able to teach student-led waste audits in Mathematics lessons.
* Be able to use course teaching resources and share learning with others.
HOW IT WORKS:
– Learn at times that suit you. This course is available 24/7 for private study.
– Learn at your own pace. You’ll have access for 12 months from date of enrolment.
– Watch videos, enjoy short activities and explore teaching resources.
– Once you’re done, access an optional Bonus Resources course to take your learning to the next level.
• Mathematics: Year 7 and Year 8
• General capabilities: Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking
• Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: This course is accredited for teacher professional development hours. You will receive a certificate after completing this course.
2.5.2 Apply knowledge and understanding of effective teaching strategies to support students’ literacy and numeracy achievement.
3.3.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Highly Accomplished Teacher (excl. NSW)
2.5.3 Support colleagues to implement effective teaching strategies to improve students’ literacy and numeracy achievement.
3.3.3 Support colleagues to select and apply effective teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and Critical and Creative Thinking.
3.4.3 Assist colleagues to create, select and use a wide range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
In NSW, Cool Australia is endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher.
Cool Australia is endorsed to provide TQI Registered Professional Development for ACT teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher level.
Cool Australia acknowledges the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.