5 learners taking this course
LENGTH: 2 hours
COURSE TEACHER: Kirsty Costa
* Know about the tropical savannah of Northern Australia.
* Know how Indigenous land managers care for Country using fire techniques.
* Understand the benefits of fire techniques through the pillars of sustainable development.
* Understand how to research traditional land management in your local area.
* Be able to teach Years 7 to 10 students about Aboriginal Cultures and Histories.
* Be able to utilise course teaching resources and share learning with others.
HOW IT WORKS:
– Learn at times that suit you. This course is available 24/7 for private study.
– Learn at your own pace. You’ll have access for 12 months from date of enrolment.
– Watch videos, enjoy short activities and explore teaching resources.
– Once you’re done, access an optional Bonus Resources course to take your learning to the next level.
• Year 8 Geography: Unit 1 – Landforms and Landscapes
• Year 10 Geography: Unit 1 – Environmental Change and Management
• General capabilities: Literacy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Intercultural Understanding
• Cross curriculum priorities: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures, Sustainability
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: This course is accredited for teacher professional development hours. You will receive a certificate after completing this course.
2.4.2 Provide opportunities for students to develop understanding of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and languages
3.3.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Highly Accomplished Teacher (excl. NSW)
2.4.3 Support colleagues with providing opportunities for students to develop understanding of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and languages.
3.3.3 Support colleagues to select and apply effective teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and Critical and Creative Thinking.
3.4.3 Assist colleagues to create, select and use a wide range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
In NSW, Cool Australia is endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher.
Cool Australia is endorsed to provide TQI Registered Professional Development for ACT teachers accredited at Proficient or Highly Accomplished Teacher.
Cool Australia acknowledges the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.