24 learners taking this course
In this course, you will find out how creative thinking can be used to improve STEM skills.
For more information, check out the course brochure.
This course will define creativity, explore creativity, and provide exercises and ideas for allowing kids (and you!) to express and think creatively without fear. You’ll learn:
- How to bring out creativity without fear of failure and perfectionism
- How to break down barriers and limitations to creativity we have built up or had placed on us
- A number of art, writing and science exercises to help you explore and express your creativity
WHAT ARE THE CURRICULUM LINKS?
- Visual Arts
- General capabilities: Critical and Creative Thinking
IS IT ACCREDITED FOR PD HOURS?
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
Proficient Teacher – all states and territories except NSW
3.3 Select and use relevant teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and critical and creative thinking.
4.1 Establish and implement inclusive and positive interactions to engage and support all students in classroom activities.
This program has been approved for accreditation within the ACT for 2023.
Please be advised you will be accredited within 14 days of completion.
Adam Wallace is a New York Times, USA Today and Amazon bestselling author based in Melbourne, Australia. Like Jarryd, Adam comes from a long line of teachers. He also comes from a long line of dancers, actors, musicians and writers … so after school he became an engineer! Logical, right?
Adam is also a qualified primary school teacher (yep, he couldn’t stay out of the family business!), but what brings him the most joy is entertaining and inspiring kids, showing them that they can achieve so much more than they believe.
Adam has sold over 3,000,000 books, including copies to three Kardashian sisters and DJ Khaled. With over 85 books published and over 500 schools, libraries and festivals visited, Adam’s journey to entertain and inspire millions of kids is well on its way.
Explore Adam’s books and videos at www.adam-wallace-books.com, and delve deeper into creating picture books and author visits at www.thekbcc.com
As a not-for-profit organisation, all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.
Reviews for How to Teach Creative Thinking for STEM
What is creativity, why does it scare us, and why is creative thinking important?
- 04. You ARE already creative!
- 05. So why does creativity matter?
- 06. Creating our own definition of Creativity
- 07. Breaking down the creativity definition: Part 1
- 08. It’s a muscle
- 09. Breaking down the creativity definition: Part 2
- 10. Breaking down the creativity definition: Part 3
- 11. Creativity builds on what is already there
- 12. Reflection