81 learners taking this course
This course helped me think about how to get change moving at my school – Anthony I learnt some new strategies and also confirmed what I felt to be true – Megan
I’m going to use these tools in different large and small change situations – Jade
There are things that you can do in your classroom, service, school or organisation to increase people’s willingness to participate in change. In this course, you will learn:
- The basics of behavioural science, shared by international experts.
- Different techniques that can increase people’s adaptability in times of change.
- How to create a culture where people are more willing to participate in change.
- Foundation to Year 6: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- Year 7 to Year 10: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- General capabilities: Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
Proficient Teacher – all states and territories excluding ACT and NSW
6.2.2 – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
Highly Accomplished Teacher – all states and territories excluding ACT and NSW
6.2.3 – Plan for professional learning by accessing and critiquing relevant research, engage in high quality targeted opportunities to improve practice and offer quality placements for pre-service teachers where applicable
Cool Australia acknowledges the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.
Kirsty Costa is an award-winning teacher and mentor who has helped thousands of teachers grow in their profession. She started her education career as a classroom teacher in Australia and Japan. She left to become an educational consultant in early learning, primary and secondary. And now Kirsty lives in her element by facilitating online courses and delivering key note addresses to teachers across the country.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.