117 learners taking this course
A great way to spend an hour and find out how to get a wider adoption of change – Mark
I really enjoyed thinking about my Circle of Influence and how to start with small steps – Lara
This course was a good reminder about how to keep change going after lift-off – Jesse
This course explores how to make a change initiative last longer – in your classroom, service, school or organisation. You will learn:
- The basics of behavioural science, shared by international experts.
- Different strategies that support groups of people to maintain the momentum of change.
- How to use and teach with a tool that focuses on setting realistic goals.
This course will take you 1 hour to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
- Foundation to Year 6: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- Year 7 to Year 10: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- General capabilities: Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
3.7.2. Plan for appropriate and contextually relevant opportunities for parents/carers to be involved in their children’s learning.
4.2.2 Establish and implement inclusive and positive interactions to engage and support all students in classroom activities.
Chris Vella from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 10 years as a classroom teacher and educational consultant. He has also worked at Western Sydney University. Chris loves getting creative with education and supporting others to do the same.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.