93 learners taking this course
This was a transformative PD. The information and tools were spot on and really inspiring – Jennifer
I learnt how to talk about change in a way that appeals to people who are different from me – Andy
I can’t wait to share what I’ve learnt with my students and my colleagues – Debbie
Communication is a powerful tool for increasing people’s support and participation in a change initiative. In this course, you will learn:
- How to identify the values that shape people’s attitudes about change.
- How to teach and use an effective communication framework.
- How to create your own communication plan.
- How to use what you’ve learnt in your teaching and in your service, school or organisation.
- Foundation to Year 6: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- Year 7 to Year 10: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- General capabilities: Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
Proficient Teacher – all states and territories excluding ACT and NSW
6.2.2 – Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
Highly Accomplished Teacher – all states and territories excluding ACT and NSW
6.2.3 – Plan for professional learning by accessing and critiquing relevant research, engage in high quality targeted opportunities to improve practice and offer quality placements for pre-service teachers where applicable
Cool Australia acknowledges the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.
Kirsty Costa is an award-winning teacher and mentor who has helped thousands of teachers grow in their profession. She started her education career as a classroom teacher in Australia and Japan. She left to become an educational consultant in early learning, primary and secondary. And now Kirsty lives in her element by facilitating online courses and delivering key note addresses to teachers across the country.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.