123 learners taking this course
This was a transformative PD. The information and tools were spot on and really inspiring – Jennifer
I learnt how to talk about change in a way that appeals to people who are different from me – Andy
I can’t wait to share what I’ve learnt with my students and my colleagues – Debbie
Communication is a powerful tool for increasing people’s support and participation in a change initiative. In this course, you will learn:
- How to identify the values that shape people’s attitudes about change.
- How to teach and use an effective communication framework.
- How to create your own communication plan.
- How to use what you’ve learnt in your teaching and in your service, school or organisation.
This course will take you 2 hours to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
- Foundation to Year 6: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- Year 7 to Year 10: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- General capabilities: Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
3.7.2. Plan for appropriate and contextually relevant opportunities for parents/carers to be involved in their children’s learning.
4.2.2 Establish and implement inclusive and positive interactions to engage and support all students in classroom activities.
This course is accredited by TQI for 2 hours professional development for teachers in the ACT.
Chris Vella from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 10 years as a classroom teacher and educational consultant. He has also worked at Western Sydney University. Chris loves getting creative with education and supporting others to do the same.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.