129 learners taking this course
Subjects: Civics and Citizenship.
Year Level: Early Learning, Primary, Secondary.
Topics: Sustainability, Communication.
Course Time: 2 hours.
Quick summary: Communication is a powerful tool for increasing people’s support and participation in a change initiative. In this course, you will learn how to identify the values that shape people’s attitudes about change, how to teach and use an effective communication framework, how to create your own communication plan, and how to use what you’ve learnt in your teaching and in your service, school or organisation.
This was a transformative PD. The information and tools were spot on and really inspiring – Jennifer
I learnt how to talk about change in a way that appeals to people who are different from me – Andy
I can’t wait to share what I’ve learnt with my students and my colleagues – Debbie
Communication is a powerful tool for increasing people’s support and participation in a change initiative. In this course, you will learn:
- How to identify the values that shape people’s attitudes about change.
- How to teach and use an effective communication framework.
- How to create your own communication plan.
- How to use what you’ve learnt in your teaching and in your service, school or organisation.
This course will take you 2 hours to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
WHAT ARE THE CURRICULUM LINKS?
- Foundation to Year 6: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- Year 7 to Year 10: Civics and Citizenship, goal setting, creating change
- General capabilities: Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
IS IT ACCREDITED FOR PD HOURS?
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories (except NSW):
- 3.7.2. Plan for appropriate and contextually relevant opportunities for parents/carers to be involved in their children’s learning.
- 4.2.2 Establish and implement inclusive and positive interactions to engage and support all students in classroom activities.
This program has been approved for accreditation within the ACT for 2023.
Please be advised you will be accredited within 14 days of completion.
Jarryd Bendall comes from a long line of teachers, which is why he initially avoided this calling. After a myriad of roles in law, medicine, used car sales, and as the mascot for the Western Bulldogs AFL team, Jarryd eventually taught primary school for a number of years, before combining his love for writing and education at an Education Specialist role with Cool. This role sees him as a bridge between knowledgeable industry experts and classroom teachers, bringing excellence into the classroom and challenging the average curriculum with innovative and effective ideas.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.