132 learners taking this course
OUTSTANDING! – Anne
I’m really looking forward to teaching sustainability across all my subject areas thanks for all the great ideas! – Emily
Open your students’ minds to how different systems – environmental, social and economic – are connected. In this course, you will learn:
- What sustainability is and why it’s important.
- The pillars of sustainable development – Planet, People, Profit.
- How to use the Principles of Education for Sustainability.
- How sustainability fits into the primary and secondary curriculum.
This course will take you 1 hour to complete. Enjoy it in one session or spread it out over a few weeks. You will have ongoing access.
This course is on-demand and for private study. Learn at your own pace and at times that suit you. Get a certificate when you finish.
- Foundation to Year 6: all subject areas
- Year 7 to Year 10: all subject areas
- General capabilities: Literacy, Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding, Intercultural Understanding
- Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Chris Vella from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 10 years as a classroom teacher and educational consultant. He has also worked at Western Sydney University. Chris loves getting creative with education and supporting others to do the same.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.