7 learners taking this course
LENGTH: 1 hour
COURSE TEACHER: Kirsty Costa
* Know how sustainability can be reached through the pillars of sustainable development.
* Understand how to utilise the Principles of Education for Sustainability.
* Be able to teach sustainability to primary and secondary students.
* Be able to use course resources and share learning with others.
HOW IT WORKS:
– Learn at times that suit you. This course is available 24/7 for private study.
– Learn at your own pace. You’ll have access for 12 months from date of enrolment.
– Watch videos, enjoy short activities and explore teaching resources.
– Once you’re done, access an optional Bonus Resources course to take your learning to the next level.
• Foundation to Year 6: all subject areas
• Year 7 to Year 10: all subject areas
• General capabilities: Literacy, Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Capability, Ethical Understanding, Intercultural Understanding
• Cross curriculum priorities: Sustainability
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: This course is accredited for teacher professional development hours. You will receive a certificate after completing this course.
Proficient Teacher (excl. ACT)
2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Highly Accomplished Teacher (excl. ACT and NSW)
2.1.3 Support colleagues using current and comprehensive knowledge of content and teaching strategies to develop and implement engaging learning and teaching programs.
3.4.3 Assist colleagues to create, select and use a wide range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
In NSW, Cool Australia is endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher.
Cool Australia acknowledges the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.