106 learners taking this course
This is perfect PD for secondary Design and Technology teachers – Catherine
Very useful course with some enlightening information about the stuff we use – Joel
This was pitched at a level so I could use some of the ideas straight away – Rob
Life Cycle Assessments are used by industries across the world to assess the environmental impact of a product, from extraction to end of life. In this course, you will learn:
- How to teach Life Cycle Assessments in Year 7-10 Design and Technology.
- How to investigate each stage of a product’s life cycle.
- How to use Life Cycle Assessments to analyse environmental impact of different products.
- How to access a range of teaching resources.
- Design and Technologies – Years 7 to 10
- Cross curriculum priorities – Sustainability
- General Capabilities – Literacy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Ethical Understanding
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
3.3.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning.
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Chris Vella from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 10 years as a classroom teacher and educational consultant. He has also worked at Western Sydney University. Chris loves getting creative with education and supporting others to do the same.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.