107 learners taking this course
This is perfect PD for secondary Design and Technology teachers – Catherine
Very useful course with some enlightening information about the stuff we use – Joel
This was pitched at a level so I could use some of the ideas straight away – Rob
Life Cycle Assessments are used by industries across the world to assess the environmental impact of a product, from extraction to end of life. In this course, you will learn:
- How to teach Life Cycle Assessments in Year 7-10 Design and Technology.
- How to investigate each stage of a product’s life cycle.
- How to use Life Cycle Assessments to analyse environmental impact of different products.
- How to access a range of teaching resources.
- Design and Technologies – Years 7 to 10
- Cross curriculum priorities – Sustainability
- General Capabilities – Literacy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Ethical Understanding
This course is mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following states and territories:
2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
3.3.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning.
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
This course is accredited by TQI for 2 hours professional development for teachers in the ACT.
Chris Vella from Cool Australia is your course teacher. He has worked in the education sector for over 10 years as a classroom teacher and educational consultant. He has also worked at Western Sydney University. Chris loves getting creative with education and supporting others to do the same.
As a not-for-profit organisation all revenue from our Professional Development courses is reinvested into providing teachers with the resources to become the designers of exceptional learning.