6 learners taking this course
LENGTH: 2 hours
COURSE TEACHER: Kirsty Costa
* Know each stage of a Life Cycle Assessment, which is used by industry across the globe.
* Know the environmental implications of design, production and consumption.
* Understand how to analyse a range of products using a Life Cycle Assessment.
* Be able to teach product life cycles in Years 7 to 10 Design and Technologies.
* Be able to use course teaching resources and share learning with others.
HOW IT WORKS:
– Learn at times that suit you. This course is available 24/7 for private study.
– Learn at your own pace. You’ll have access for 12 months from date of enrolment.
– Watch videos, enjoy short activities and explore teaching resources.
– Once you’re done, access an optional Bonus Resources course to take your learning to the next level.
• Design and Technologies – Years 7 to 10
• Cross curriculum priorities – Sustainability
• General Capabilities – Literacy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Ethical Understanding
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: This course is accredited for teacher professional development hours. You will receive a certificate after completing this course.
2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
3.3.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning.
3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
Highly Accomplished Teacher (excl. NSW)
2.1.3 Support colleagues using current and comprehensive knowledge of content and teaching strategies to develop and implement engaging learning and teaching programs.
3.3.3 Support colleagues to select and apply effective teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and Critical and Creative Thinking.
3.4.3 Assist colleagues to create, select and use a wide range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning.
In NSW, Cool Australia is endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher.
Cool Australia is endorsed to provide TQI Registered Professional Development for ACT teachers accredited at Proficient or Highly Accomplished Teacher.
Cool Australia acknowledges the support of the Victorian Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program.